Human resource management is important part of the management because dealing with people is toughest job within the organization.
Human resource management is concerned with the human beings within the organization. The management of men is very important & challenging job because of the dynamic in nature of people.
Human resource management is a process of an organization with a human approach. The approach to manpower to view the people as an important resource. It is the approach through which organization can utilize manpower for organisational growth, development and sell self satisfaction.
According to Edward Filippo
“Personal management is the planning,organising,directing & controlling of the procurement, development, compensation, integration, maintenance and separation of H.R to the end that individual, organisational and social goals are accompanied.”
Nature of Human resource management
It is a management function that helps managers to recruit, select, train & develop members for an organization.
- H.R Management concerned with people dimensions in organization.
- H.R involves the application of management function & principles.
- Decision relating to employee must be integrated.
- Decision made, influence the effectiveness of an organization.
- H.R management function are not confined to business establishment only but applicable to non-business organization also.
Scope of Human Resource Management
The Scope of H.R management is very wide. All major activities in the working life of a worker from the time of his/her entry into an organization until he/she leaves the organization comes under view of human resource management.
The major activities included H.R planning, job analysis, job design, employee hiring process & remuneration of the employees
The Scope of Human resource management extends to-
- All the decisions, strategies, factors, principles, operations, practices, activities & method related to the management of people as employees in any type of organization.
- All the dimensions related to people in their employment relationship & all the dynamics that flow from it.
Objectives of Human Resource Management
- Human capital assisting the organization in obtaining the right number & type of employees to fulfill it’s strategic & operational goals.
- Developing organization climate helping to create a climate in which employees are encouraged to develop & utilise their skills to fulfill the requirement of the organization.
- Helping to establish and maintain healthy employer – employee relationship.
- To increase employee satisfaction & self actualisation.
- To communicate H.R policies to all employees.
- Helping to create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Next Topic- Function Of Human Resource Management.