Significance of human resource Management
Human resource management are the most important productive assets of an organization you know that.
Capital and physical resources, by themselves, cannot improve efficiency. It is through the combined and concreted efforts of people that monetary or material resources are harnessed to achieve organizational goals.
These efforts, attitudes and skills have to be sharpened from time to time to optimize the effectiveness of human resources and to enable them to meet greater challenges.
This is where human resource management plays a pivotal role.
Effective management of human resources is essential for the individuals, organization, society and for nation.
1. For Individuals.
- It promotes team work and team spirit among employees.
- It offers excellent growth opportunities to people who have the potential to rise.
- It facilities people to work with diligence and commitment.
- It paves the way for psychological need of recognition, belongingness and self-actualization.
2. For the Organization
- It helps in attracting and retaining the best people in in the Organization.
- Good human resource management can extract extraordinary work from even ordinary people.
- It leads to healthy employer-employee relations and thus create and restore industrial harmony in the Organization.
- Human resource manager can prepare the people to adapt to technological and other changes in the Organization.
3. For the Society
- It maintains a balance between the jobs available and the job seekers be as it provides most suitable and productive employment.
- – It provides sound personnel policies for socio-psychological satisfaction to people at work.
- It eliminates waste of Human resources through conservation of physical and mental health of people.
- It may provide various fringe benefits and social security measures which may help not only the employees but their families as well.
4. For the Nation
- Efficient management of human resources can play a vital role in the growth, development of self- sufficiently of a nation.
- Committed manpower is necessary condition for the effective and efficient exploitation and utilization of nation’s physical, financial and natural resources.
- It the people are educated, skilled and efficient, the country will progress in the desired direction.
- Proper management of people results in their development which, in turn, speed up the process of economic growth leading to higher standards of living and employment opportunities.